Ballaine House B&B, Seward, Alaska
437 3rd Ave., P.O.Box 2051, Seward, AK 99664-2051
Phone: (907) 224-2362
Open year round.
Seward is blessed with panoramic beauty and abounds with wildlife. We invite you to come and share all it has to offer. Your hostess is Marilee Koszewski and her wish is for you to make her "home" your home away from home. For further information and reservations, call (907) 224-2362.
Ballaine House is:
- Centrally located. You'll find it between Seward's "downtown" district and the small boat harbor; a short walk or trolley ride to the boat harbor, restaurants, shops, theater, museum, and the Community Senior Center.
- Scenic. Famous Mount Marathon can be viewed from the west side of the house. Mt. Alice from the east side.
- Historic. Listed on the State and National Historic Registers. It is part of "Seward's Walking Tour" and is located on the block named "Millionaire's Row;" built in 1905 by Frank Ballaine (one of Seward's founding fathers) for his bride Genevieve.
The "Home" has undergone restoration/remodeling work, much of it lovingly done by craftsman and former owner Dr. Gerald Bell, now a resident of Anchorage, Alaska. And as a historic home, it has charms and features all its own. Its high ceilings are characteristic of the period, as is its servant's quarters and claw foot bathtub that graces the home's original bathroom.
Your stay here will be reminisent of what it might have been like to lodge in a boarding house at the turn of the century. Thus, our clients are as special as the house itself.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm unless prior arrangements are made. Check-out is noon, luggage storage and other amenities can be arranged.
- Room darkening shades and quality mattresses are standard in all rooms to ensure a restful nights sleep.
- Hot beverages are complimentary any time.
- A Propane BBQ is available for guests to use, as well as a Freezer to store your "TROPHY FISH CATCH."
- We have a liberal dining policy. You, the guest, select the time you'd like Breakfast to be served. A Full Breakfast is served until 10:00am, Continential until 11:30am.
- If you plan to go out hiking or fishing and you'd like the opportunity to shower or just freshen up before hitting the road - Just let us know at check-in time.
- Smoke free atmosphere, also pet free for allergy consideration.
In Consideration of Other Guests:
- Children over seven years please.
- No Smoking in the house.
- No Pets Please.
- Room rates are $50.00/sgl, $65.00-$82.50/dbl per night + tax during the summer season.
- Please call for quote and description of available accommodations.
- Cash, Travelers Checks, and Personal Checks accepted. Advance reservations recommended.
- Deposit NOT required to hold reservations, however, if your plans change and you can't make your reservation, please call and cancel ASAP.
- "No Shows" will have the remainder of their reservations cancelled.
If you are driving to Seward, (traveling south), the Seward Highway becomes "3rd Ave" as you head into town. Ballaine House is located at the corner of Madison and 3rd Ave. (437 3rd Ave). It is on the right with red and blue trim. The yard is enclosed by pink Sitka Rose bushes and parking is allowed on the street in front of the house.
Open year round. Come, experience Seward in the winter AND summer.
This site developed and maintained by SuperPage.com.